Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's in a name?

My wife suggested I start a blog to air out my thoughts about being a new dad, so here I am. Why the name "The Squeaky Chronicles"? I have two of them:

My wife. She's named her blog "The Squeaky Diaries". She is beautiful, she is wise and she is cooler then me, so I shall follow in her path.



My dad. Before he passed away (a year ago on Friday) he would call his grandkids "my little squeakies" whenever they came over to visit. In remembrance of this we've referred to our child, especially while in the womb, as Squeaky. Our son now bears my fathers name as his middle name and so the circle is now complete.


Yes I'm a STAR WARS fan, deal with it. There will be lots more where that came from....



Of course I can't end my first post without mentioning Squeaky himself, Gabriel. Born May 19th, 2009, at 3:50pm, weighing in at 9lbs 2oz and measuring 22 inches long.

1 comment:

  1. Mando, I like your blog. Believe me your son will enjoy reading your joys, worries,fears and accomplishments of being a daddy. I kept a journal of things that my girls would say that moved me or enlightened me. It is fun and heart touching for them to read now. I wish I had did a better job with my third. I think you have to be a parent to truly appreciate and know of the love your parents have for us. It's now what you know and feel as soon as your baby comes into the world. Children are truly gift from God. It was fun to hear that your dad called his grandkids squeakies. My dad just called and said it will be a year on Friday that his brother (your dad) has been gone. I know he is so proud of you and your new role as a father. My dad checked out your babies photos and said "he is beautiful". I will follow your blog. Try to take a photo for every month.(i know there will be more than that) It's amazing to see how much he will change. My congrats to you and your wife. Enjoy the moment it does go by to fast. Sincerely, Natalie

    ReplyDelete